- Nationally-recognized, leading-edge CARF-accredited rehab leader
- Building a four-story, 76-private-bed, 120,000 square foot rehab hospital
- Will be the only freestanding rehabilitation hospital in the region
- Will have the latest rehab equipment
- A nationally recognized, not-for-profit rehabilitation leader with more than 70 locations in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, is committed to transforming lives through expertise, innovation and compassion. Headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania, it provides an exceptional patient experience for all ages and stages by developing leading-edge solutions, often for complex medical situations; serving as a test site for the newest rehabilitation technologies; and inspiring hope in all we do. They partner with Penn Medicine to provide rehabilitation and specialty services in the greater Philadelphia area and New Jersey.
- The new hospital will have an Experience Center, a game-changing hub that offers people with disabilities and other mobility challenges an environment to explore the latest advancements, such as 3D printing, robotics, wearables, artificial intelligence and smart home and personal assistance devices. The Experience Center is designed to promote healing and independence. Good Shepherd announced a partnership with Moravian University earlier this month to create this center in the new hospital.
- The new hospital will have Outdoor Therapy and Activity Gardens, featuring innovative ways for patients to undergo therapy and participate in activities while staying at the rehabilitation hospital. From gardening and trails to outdoor green space and activity areas, the gardens’ offerings were identified and designed by a group of staff members to help patients achieve their goals and return to their favorite activities.
- Growing system with the hiring of many more staff
- Academic affiliation with Temple PM&R residency program and Penn Medicine
- The TBI unit census is usually around 15
- The facility equipment includes Ekso Bionics Exoskeleton, Trexo Plus, Assistive Technology, Bertec Balance Advantage System and much more
- TBI or Stroke- You can run and take ownership to bring TBI to the next level; can include program development work, if interested; Be part of the pioneers for TBI in the Northeast with a system devoted to TBI with out-of-the-box, non-conventional thinking about the provision and delivery of care;Provide medical leadership for TBI or stroke; implement and create a quality vision for TBI or stroke; provide consults, evals and follow-up visits; perform EMG’s as needed; provide education supervision of residents; may have some general rehab patients; mostly inpatient, open to some outpatient if you’re interested; possible outpatient work to include baclofen, spasticity management, post-TBI care, complex concussion
- General inpatient/outpatient work available also
- Interventional – Develop an interventional program based on the over 100,000 lives/year that Good Shepherd sees and then gain population in the local market. A C arm suite in on-site. Start with procedures one day/week and then build up to 2 days/week with follow-ups MG’s. Another room is available for outpatient care.
- Research opportunities available if interested
- Contribute to the financial health of the group by covering direct expenses
- Attend CME conferences
- Residents help with call
- Low-cost health insurance for employee and their families, generous CME allowance and time, top-tier retirement programs, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, relocation assistance
Reason for position:
- Some of their rehab doctors are retiring and others are doing more outpatient
- For TBI: TBI fellowship and/or experience; Board Certified in TBI; a network champion for Brain Injury Care and a passion for TBI clinical work
- Similar to above for the stroke position and interventional positions
- Staff – Board Certified/Qualified physiatrist with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
If you have any interest, skills or experience with inpatient physiatry jobs, you’re in luck. Interest in inpatient physiatry jobs has decreased over the years, making the need for skilled clinicians now more than ever. There is a great demand for qualified inpatient physiatrists, and Farr Healthcare can help you find the practice or facility of your dreams.