- Work with one of the premier interventional physiatrists in the country
- Gorgeous, new facility with on-site procedure suite
- Join a growing practice that thrives on reconnecting patients with what is meaningful to them
Features of the Practice Owner:
- Work with an internationally-renown Interventional Spine Specialist who has authored or co-authored over 80 articles and abstracts in peer reviewed journals, 8 textbook chapters, and edited a 49-chapter textbook on Interventional Spine Care comprised of contributions from international experts in the fields of spine biomechanics, diagnostic imaging, electrodiagnostic medicine, and diagnostic and therapeutic spinal procedures. He has served on multiple professional committees for the North American Spine Society, International Spine Intervention Society, American Board of Interventional Spine Specialists, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Physiatric Association of Spine, Sports, and Occupational Rehabilitation, and the American College of Sports Medicine.
- He serves as Director of the Virginia iSpine Physician’s Interventional Spine Care Fellowship program. DePalma has been an invited lecturer to over 80 regional, national, or international presentations and has been featured in regional newspaper segments.
- Has been named by his peer physicians as a “Top Doc” in Richmond magazine in April 2008, 2011, and 2012 and Virginia Top Docs in 2021 – 2024. This esteemed recognition places Dr. DePalma within the top 10% of recognized physicians in the area.
- Is an active spine researcher and pioneer involved as an investigator in clinical trials evaluating new agents that help repair or restore painfully degenerated intervertebral discs in the low back. He was the lead investigator at VCU in the largest prospective study of an innovative non-surgical technique to stabilize painful pelvic fractures in osteoporotic patients. His research was recently recognized by the International Spine Intervention Society as the “Best Clinical Paper” at their 17th Annual Scientific Meeting in Toronto, CA. He is also the Principal Investigator on a trial evaluating painful lumbar discs, and a separate study of medication injected into painfully arthritic joints of the back to help reverse the arthritic changes.
- As an international speaker and as expert in his field, his research has been recognized twice by the Spine Intervention Society as the “Best Clinical Paper” and “Best Basic Science Paper.”
- His Clinical Research Team includes two Sub-Investigators, Clinical Research Coordinators, a Clinical Research Assistant, and several Clinical Research Medical Assistants. Together, the research team at Virginia iSpine Physicians, PC has over 60 years of combined clinical research experience.
- Well-established, 13-year-old Interventional Spine/MSK practice in Central Virginia
- Recently relocated facility spans 7,500 square feet
- Onsite physical therapy area and a fully-equipped procedure suite complete with onsite anesthesia services
- Enjoy the comfort and affordability of Central Virginia, with easy access to the mountains and beaches through short drives
- Fluoroscopically-Guided diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Advanced procedures such as Discograms, Kyphoplasty, and Spinal Cord Stimulator trials
- Ultrasound-Guided Procedures and EMG/NCS
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive care to patients, working closely with PT’s and other healthcare professionals
- Assist in the supervision of the practice’s fellowship program
- Contribute to the expansion of the practice
- Monday – Friday, 8-hour days
- Competitive base salary with production bonus and full benefits
- Employee with potential for partnership track
- 401(k), Health and dental insurances, paid time off
- Completion of a fellowship in Interventional Spine/MSK physiatry
- Completion of a fellowship in Pain Management with EMG experience
- Board Certification in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation within a year of fellowship completion
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a team-based healthcare environment
- An energetic, detail-oriented, team-based physiatrist
You’ve worked hard to gain your skills for a PMR job, and now you need excellent opportunities. On our website, you are bound to find plenty of interventional physiatry jobs to choose from. We help match the skills of each candidate to the needs of each employer, so your chances of finding qualified interventional PM&R jobs are better with us than they are if you tried doing the search alone.
For more Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Jobs, don’t forget to visit https://farrhealthcare.com/openings/physical-medicine-and-rehabilitation-jobs/