THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED, PLEASE REFER BACK TO THE OPENINGS PAGE.
- Well established company with a proven track record
- Uncapped earning potential
- Get paid from day one
- An on-site, long-term care health services provider and a pioneer in the field of post-acute care services, shaping the definition of what geriatric care should be.
- Their team of clinical experts consist of medical directors, physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physiatrists, wound-care experts and behavioral health leaders.
- Their comprehensive clinical program will ensure better outcomes and increased patient satisfaction.
- Develops a partnership with skilled nursing facilities as well as assisted living facilities
- Offers Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation services by contracting with physiatrists who specialize in the subacute rehabilitation segment
- Began in 2016 with the vision of improving the level of quality care in long term care facilities.
- Their team emphasizes a holistic approach to patient care with a focus on the close collaboration of interdisciplinary teams working with a common goal of improving the well-being of patients. Additionally, incorporate technologies that facilitate open communication and coordination enhancing the access and personalization of care.
- Their unified model of care, which encompasses the introduction of improved wellness and preventative care services, has proven to significantly reduce 30-day readmission risk with patients in skilled nursing facilities. Their use of best practices and comprehensive evidence-based protocols serve to stabilize patients when more aggressive treatments are needed to treat in place.
- Work at subacute units within nursing homes
- Fully supportive and involved clinical and back-office staff
- Strategic work location choice to be near your home
- Management of billing, credentialing and compliance
- Has contracts with a nursing home chain with 8 facilities in Nashville, has contracts in MI
- Most times the company identifies areas with potential for services, contracts with a physiatrist
- Individualize rehabilitative treatment plans with a focus on functional restoration
- Participate in Medicare review and multi-disciplinary meetings regularly
- Coordination of the rehab team, setting functional goals, managing pain, and troubleshooting complications related to the rehabilitation diagnosis, allowing patients to transition home as quickly and safely as possible
- Round on patients 1-2 times per week
- Joint injections and trigger points with special emphasis on opioids reduction programs
- Flexible work schedule with adherence to preset metrics and facility needs
- No weekends, nights, or calls
- The number of facilities depends on the bed-size of the facility(s); at the most, would be 3 facilities
- See approximately 22 – 30 patients/day
- Work 2 – 5 days/week
- Usually go to 1 facility one day and another facility the next day, etc.
- Must do consults within 48 hours of admission, then usually do 2 follow-ups/week
- There is a ramp-up period to grow the patient volume
- Choice of independent contractor or employee (W-2)
- Either way, the company will do the billings
- Flexible compensation packages depending on individual circumstances
- If an independent contractor, make 65% of the gross if seeing 0-25 patients/day, 70% of the gross if seeing 25+ patients/day
- If an employee, paid per RVU, varies by area such as $22 RVU in TN
- Get paid from day one, absolutely no wait for collection-Most subacute groups when on a collections basis it can take 3 months until the collections come in putting a financial strain on the Physiatrist. This company gives you a small draw right away when you start (low dollar amount per work RVU $12) to give you float money in the meantime until collections come in
- Board Certified/Qualified physiatrists with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- If Board Qualified, must be within 2 years of residency completion
- Be a team player as part of the interdisciplinary team at the nursing
- NJ and PA licenses are ideal
COMPREHENSIVE ONBOARDING AND ORIENTATION OF PHYSICIAN:
New Patient review:
- Identification of potential Diagnostics based on Clinical Assessment and judgement
- Consultation on Goal development
- Carepath Consultation on Joint Replacement, Orthopedic and Musculoskeletal, Acute Neurologic, Non- Orthopedic Surgery, Medical Management of Cardiovascular, Pulmonary, Acute Infection and Cancer
- Consultation/documentation of identification of group treatment that would benefit patient progress ·
Attendance of Utilization Review:
- Review of all short term / skilled patients
- Review of overall goals, progress, impairments and barriers to continued skill opportunities
- Early identification of functional declines, serving as a clinical liaison to the attending MD to identify changing clinical/medical condition
- Review of Section GG Standardized Outcomes Measures
- Pain Management Techniques
- Consultation regarding clinical indications of Modality use (Estim, diathermy, ultrasound)
- Consultation regarding Behavior and Mood indicators impacting progression/rehab
- Review of Medications, medication interactions and side effects that may be a hindrance to improved functional progress
- Consultation of goal and care path management for expedited return to home
Long Term Care Walking Rounds
- Consultation of Long-Term resident Therapy needs
Specialty program Oversight and Consultation:
- Amputation and Prosthetic Management
- Orthopedic and Joint Replacement
- Aquatic Therapy
The need for qualified skilled nursing facility physiatrists has increased exponentially recently. Your expertise in skilled nursing physiatry will serve you well, but only if you are able to connect with the right employers. Farr Healthcare can help you connect with these skilled nursing facility employers.