- Comprehensive benefits at these skilled nursing facility/rehab physiatry practice opportunities in IA
- Work with a company that is nationwide and versed in rehab
- Hospitalists available
- Work at a rehab facility and work at 1 – 2 SNF’s if desired
- Can also do Hospital PMR Consults if wanted, outside the unit
- Responsible for all aspects of the rehabilitation program of patients admitted to the facility. This facility has an existing patient census requiring full-time physiatry coverage.
- Coordinate care pertinent to medical rehabilitation with primary care and other specialties.
- Provide care for all aspects of rehabilitation after admission.
- Assess and manage barriers to medical rehabilitation for best measurable outcomes, with appropriate resource utilization, for safe discharge into the community.
- Lead the interdisciplinary team with team meetings on a weekly basis. Family meetings are held at initial admission, discharge and during the course of stay as needed.
- Work at a skilled nursing facility (SNF) to take care of short-stay patients in need of rehabilitation, and enhance the quality of the SNF’s rehabilitation program. The attending physician, not the physiatrist, in the SNF takes care of the primary medical needs.
- No outpatient responsibilities unless desired.
- This company’s goals are to represent physiatrists nationwide who affiliate with them to promote physiatry among payors, SNF’s, etc. This national company will support physiatrists as CMS chips away at your reimbursement. It will develop outcomes status, information technology, compliance programs so that you will be well-paid. The national company hopes to show payors their better outcomes and substantiate higher reimbursements. They are looking for long-term relations with physiatrists.
- Salary plus incentive
- Comprehensive benefits
- 1:2, cross coverage with another doctor at another hospital
- Must be Board Certified or planning to take Boards
The need for qualified skilled nursing facility physiatrists has increased exponentially recently. Your expertise in skilled nursing physiatry will serve you well, but only if you are able to connect with the right employers. Farr Healthcare can help you connect with these skilled nursing facility employers.