THIS POSITION IS CLOSED. PLEASE REFER TO THE OPENINGS PAGE.
- Large referral network with 7 hospitals and many outpatient centers
- Collegial atmosphere
- Work with exceptional physiatrists
- Short drive to the mountains or the coast
- Access to an international airport
- University town that is experiencing 400% growth in its uptown population in the next year
- Residency Program Director work
- Help establish the strategic direction of the program
- Responsible for maintaining the standards, quality and reputation of the PM&R Residency Program
- Patient care at a CARF-accredited rehab inpatient unit and/or outpatient work
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive, effective, and well-organized educational curriculum
- Oversee and ensure the administration of high quality didactic and clinical education
- Facilitate and manage external training and educational experiences
- Select and manage program faculty with development and educational oversight, particularly focused on scholarly activity
- Lead the annual recruitment and selection of program candidates through the National Resident Matching Program
- Ensure compliance with both the Institutional and ACGME stated requirements and expectations
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures consistent with the institutional and program requirements (e.g., resident clinical and educational work hours, clinical work environment, etc.)
- Participate in the regular evaluation of the program’s residents and faculty in relation to the educational objectives of the program and the ACGME’s milestones for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Assess the technical competence and clinical capabilities of each resident
- Be well-versed on all residency educational requirements both internal and external to include residency training milestones
- 974-bed Level I trauma center
- Work at a 75-bed rehab unit attached to the acute care hospital
- Join 9 physiatrists with 5 hospital-based neurosurgeons
- Large referral network including 7 regional hospitals and numerous outpatient practices
- EPIC System-wide integrated EMR
- The PM&R Department serves the rehabilitation needs of the 1.4 million people in a 29-county region of eastern North Carolina and is located within the Medical Center, with Spinal Cord, Brain Injury, General Rehab, and Pediatric Rehabilitation Units.
- The Center is also one of the five centers of excellence. The Medical Center is a JCAHO-accredited Level I Trauma center with 900+ beds and is one of seven hospitals.
- Fixed Term position available at the title/rank of assistant professor or higher.
- Relocation Assistance, Vacation, CME Days & Reimbursement, Malpractice (with tail), 401K, Insurance, State Benefits, Disability
Life Insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, dental, medical reimbursement plan and more
- Salary guarantee; good RVU productivity
- Graduate Medical Education leadership experience
- Board Certification in PM&R
- Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
If you have any interest, skills or experience with inpatient physiatry jobs, you’re in luck. Interest in inpatient physiatry jobs has decreased over the years, making the need for skilled clinicians now more than ever. There is a great demand for qualified inpatient physiatrists, and Farr Healthcare can help you find the practice or facility of your dreams.