- 3-year income guarantee plus professional receipts and relocation; sign-on bonus and program director stipend negotiable
- Plenty of outpatient work, too
- Full census
- 68-bed, JCAHO-accredited, growing rehab hospital with close to full census at around 54
- The hospital was built in 2017
- Affiliated with a major Health System since June, 2017
- The competition is Wake Forrest with a 39-bed inpatient rehab unit
- Low physiatry attrition
- Join another PM&R physician the Medical Director who has been there since 1997. He has an internist working with him; there’s also a locum tenens physician there now
- Good IM support. Has been some mention of the NICS folks sending NP/PA’s. They follow about 30 patients for 2 days.
- Patient mix – stroke, neuro, no peds. Not much SCI or TBI
- No vents, no transfuses. Will do tracheotomies and G-tubes. No heparin drips. Has access to doppler, x-ray and so forth on site.
- CMI – last year 1.38. This year 1.48
- EMS – Ace It
- Team conference Tuesday and Wednesday– 1-3 PM
- If patients need psychiatric care, they are sent back to the hospital. The physiatrist and the IM doctors manage psych medical managements
- Effective marketing teams based at acute care hospitals
- Independent contractor affiliation
- Caseload of approximately 15-30 patients/day
- PM&R are attending but have IM available for medicine consults
- As an independent contractor, you also have the choice to do outpatient
- The income guarantee includes 1 year of support and 2 years of forgiveness
- Internists take night call during the week. The current physiatrist shares weekend call with another physiatrist.
- 1 -2 weekends/month
- Board Certified/Qualified physiatrist with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Smart, responsive, hard work ethic, forward thinking, and educator
- Would like you to help them get other programs rolling
If you have any interest, skills or experience with inpatient physiatry jobs, you’re in luck. Interest in inpatient physiatry jobs has decreased over the years, making the need for skilled clinicians now more than ever. There is a great demand for qualified inpatient physiatrists, and Farr Healthcare can help you find the practice or facility of your dreams.