You can find a good amount of information about writing your curriculum vitae on my website to include on the tab about it and in my blogs. Here are some reminders:
- Objective: You may want to include in your objective the type of services you want to provide, i.e. inpatient, outpatient, inpatient/outpatient etc. Of course, if you do this then you have to be careful to submit it to practice opportunities that match your desired services.
- Photograph: Most advisors recommend that you do not include your photograph. This is because it places the recipient in a position that they can be accused of discrimination. I still suggest a photo but one that is stapled to the cv so that the company can remove it if they choose.
- Exams: Include all the exams you have taken.
- CV Template: To make your life easier, you can find cv templates on the web such as at https://www.thebalancecareers.com/medical-curriculum-vitae-example-2060325
- Proofreading: Although I’ve said it before, have a friend review your cv for typo’s. It’s so easy for you to have typo’s and to miss them when checking your cv yourself.