This position has been filled. Please refer to the Openings page.
- Named “Best Outdoors Town” by Outside Magazine
- Thriving practice
- An established, growing built-in referral system
- The current Medical Director speaks well of the position but is looking to transition to part-time
- Sign-on bonus of $50,000
Health System Features:
- Regional health care system serving approximately 500,000 residents of northeastern Minnesota, northwestern Wisconsin and the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
- Includes a multi-specialty hospital in Duluth, a critical access hospital in Two Harbors, and 38 primary care and specialty clinics throughout the region.
- The 20-year-old, 19-bed DNV GL Healthcare- and CARF-certified rehab unit provides highly specialized, intensive therapy through a multi-disciplinary team of board-certified clinicians including 2 physiatrists and nurses.
- ADC= 15-18
- The unit was remodeled in 2012/2013 and a therapy apartment was added
- 2 other physiatrists on staff who do mostly outpatient work plus 2 PA’s
- Full-service physical, occupational and speech therapy available
- Full EMR; including software-based dictation capability
- Cross-specialty collaboration; hospital system comprised of all major sub-specialties including neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics and interventional pain management
- EMR-Meditech Expanse
- Round on 15-18 inpatients; work only at 1 hospital
- The hospitalist group will manage medical needs of the patients.
- In and outpatient practice options; the clinic is directly connected to the hospital
- They are ideally looking for someone that wants to do only inpatient rehab, but if someone really wanted clinic too, they could be flexible.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Salary Range = $300,000
- The initial contract has a 3-year base salary guarantee then the physician moves onto RVU production.
- The RVU conversion factor is around $65.
- A bonus is paid if you exceed the base salary in the first 3 years
- Relocation up to $15,000
- Malpractice insurance and tail coverage
- 4 weeks’ vacation and 2 additional weeks for CME, plus CME stipend and more
- Board Certified/Qualified physiatrist with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- A team player
- Duluth, MN is a regional medical, cultural, entertainment, educational, banking and retail center serving Northeast Minnesota, Northwest Wisconsin, upper Michigan and Southern Ontario, Canada.
- Cultural activities include the acclaimed Duluth/Superior Symphony Orchestra, professional Minnesota Ballet Company, Duluth Playhouse, Art Institute, Entertainment/Convention Center and Great Lakes Aquarium.
- Recreational opportunities are bountiful including fishing, camping, golfing, hiking, boating, downhill/cross-country skiing, snowmobiling and skating.
- Duluth, Minnesota reigned supreme over 63 other top destination cities across the entire United States for outdoor activities.
- International airport with direct flights to Minneapolis/St. Paul (26 minutes) and Chicago-O’Hare.
- Home to the University of Minnesota Duluth and an accredited Family Medicine residency program.
- Some of the best public schools in the nation
- Spectacular beauty – North Woods, lake views, hills
- World-class mountain biking; one of the largest urban mountain-bike trails systems in the world
- Lake Superior & surrounding lakes; 26 miles along the westernmost tip of Lake Superior
- Miles of hiking, in the city limits, 176 miles of wooded trails
- Miles of lit cross-country ski trails, in the city limits
- Two downhill ski locations, in the city limits
- 6,834 acres of city parkland
- 16 designated trout streams
- $900M, new hospital and clinic, in-process
- Outside Magazine named Duluth, “Best Town Ever!”
- Huge geographic catchment area, with 65+ referring clinics
- Rated #1 place for outdoor sports by Outdoors magazine
- Watch oceangoing vessels from the Atlantic Oceanaway via the Great Lakes Waterway and the Saint Lawrence Seaway
- Enjoy great views from your house. Some neighborhoods, such as Piedmont Heightsand Bayview Heights, are atop the hill with scenic views of the city. Skyline Parkway is a scenic roadway that extends from Becks Road above the Gary – New Duluth neighborhood near the western end of the city to the Lester Park neighborhood on the east side. It crosses nearly Duluth’s entire length and affords views of Lake Superior, the Aerial Lift Bridge, and Canal Park.
- Recreation – Fish, hike, ski, sail, canoe, kayak, bike and mountain bike, golf, tennis ice skate, hockey, rock climb. In addition to the two public golf courses at Lester and Enger Park, golfers can play at the Northland Country Club and the Ridgeview Country Club. Duluth has five public tennis courts and 63 private tennis club courts. The city has many indoor and outdoor ice rinks, including curlingDuluth is also home to the Lake Superior Surfing Club which currently has about 50 members who surf the cold waters of Lake Superior.The University of Minnesota Duluth Recreational Sport Outdoor Program offers classes in kayak, stand-up paddleboarding, or canoe whitewater river running, and they hold the Annual St. Louis River Whitewater Rendezvous Slalom & Sprint Races in July. The program also provides sea kayaking and rock climbing lessons for individuals and families.
If you have any interest, skills or experience with inpatient physiatry jobs, you’re in luck. Interest in inpatient physiatry jobs has decreased over the years, making the need for skilled clinicians now more than ever. There is a great demand for qualified inpatient physiatrists, and Farr Healthcare can help you find the practice or facility of your dreams.