- MT is the best place for physicians to work in 2023 per Beckers
- Has received a number of quality and safety awards in recent years
- High-caliber medical staff—better than at many similar-sized locations
- Really great patient population as the only IRF in Montana.
- Flexible schedule
- Latest technology
- Best in Class compliance team
- Internal medicine coverage for medical issues
- Choice of employee or independent contractor affiliation
- Great shopping, music, restaurants, excellent schools and air travel per a local doctor
- Southern MT, on the Yellowstone River
- Largest city in MT; population of 117,116
- The city is experiencing rapid growth and a strong economy; it has had and is continuing to have the largest growth of any city in Montana. Parts of the metro area are seeing hyper growth.
- With more hotel accommodations than any area within a five-state region, the city hosts a variety of conventions, concerts, sporting events, and other rallies.
- Partnership with 2 healthcare systems
- 34-bed inpatient rehabilitation facility
- Collaborate with the CEO and the entire clinical team to provide medical direction in conformance with the facility’s policies and procedures, state and federal laws and regulations, including the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and The Joint Commission.
- The physiatrist is the attending and the admitting physician for the patients
- Develop and maintain relationships with referral sources and other healthcare providers to promote the facility and increase patient referrals
- Employee or
- Independent contractor
- Employee – Competitive salary $100K-Medical Director plus $300,000 salary plus incentive
- Independent contractor – Competitive income guarantee
- Board Certified physiatrist with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- A team player who is passionate about providing high-quality care and who is committed to improving the lives of our patients.
More Community Information:
- With the Bakken oil developmentin eastern Montana and western North Dakota, the largest oil discovery in U.S. history, as well as the Heath shale oil discovery just north of Billings, the city’s growth rate stayed high during the shale oil boom. Although the city is growing, its growth rate has diminished markedly with oil price declines in recent years.
- Attractions in and around Billings include ZooMontana, Yellowstone Art Museum, Pompey’s Pillar, Pictograph Cave, Chief Plenty Coups State Park. Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument, Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area, Red Lodge Mountain Resort, the Beartooth Highway, which connects Red Lodgeand Yellowstone National Park. The northeast entrance to Yellowstone National Park is a little over 100 miles (160 km) from Billings.
- Downtown Billings has a hot-summer climate with dry, hot summers, and cold, dry winters. In the summer, the temperature can rise to over 100 °F (37.8 °C) on an average of 1 to 3 days per year, while the winter will bring temperatures below 0 °F or −17.8 °C on an average of 12.9 days per year. The snowfall averages 57.4 inches a year, but because of warm chinook windsthat pass through the region during the winter, snow does not usually accumulate heavily or remain on the ground for long.
- Billings has a diverse economy including a large and rapidly growing medical corridor that includes inpatient and outpatient health care. Billings has a large service sector including retail, hospitality and entertainment. The metro area is also home to 3 oil refineries, a sugar beet refining plant, commercial and residential construction, building materials manufacturing and distribution, professional services, financial services, banking, trucking, higher education (4 campuses, 19 others have a physical presence/classes), auto parts wholesaling and repair services, passenger and cargo air, cattle, media, printing, wheat and barley farming, milk processing, heavy equipment sales and service, business services, consumer services, food distribution, agricultural chemical manufacturing and distribution, energy exploration and production, surface and underground mining, metal fabrication, and many others providing a diverse and robust economy.
- Corporate headquarters include Kampgrounds of Americaand First Interstate Bank.
- Billings has four institutions of higher learning. Montana State University Billings(MSU Billings) is part of the state university system, while Rocky Mountain College, Yellowstone Baptist College, and Rocky Vista University are private.
If you have any interest, skills or experience with inpatient physiatry jobs, you’re in luck. Interest in inpatient physiatry jobs has decreased over the years, making the need for skilled clinicians now more than ever. There is a great demand for qualified inpatient physiatrists, and Farr Healthcare can help you find the practice or facility of your dreams.