- A great rehab partnership between Encompass and the University of IA Health Care
- Very engaged faculty; a good team
- Hospitalists serve as the primary care physician and do most of the call
- Flexibility in services you can provide
- Significant transition payout, commonly known as a sign-on bonus
- New 40-bed, freestanding facility that opened in the summer of 2020
- The first inpatient rehab facility to be affiliated with the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, a Level I Trauma Center and the state’s only comprehensive academic medical center
- Closed medical staff
- ADC-in the 20’s
- 6 physiatrists – most do outpatient
- University of Iowa Health Care is the state’s only comprehensive academic medical center, dedicated to providing world-class health care and health-related outreach services to all Iowans. Based in Iowa City, UI Health Care includes University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, the University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine, and University of Iowa Physicians, the state’s most comprehensive multi-specialty physician group practice.
- The University of Iowa Health Care ranked as one of the top health care employers in the U.S. by Forbes, UI Health Care employs nearly 900 physicians and more than 2,500 nurses.
- The University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics is an 811-bed tertiary and quaternary care facility.
- The Carver College of Medicine is ranked as one of the nation’s best medical schools and offers a full range of residency and fellowship programs. Its thriving research enterprise has received $2 billion in NIH funding over the past decade.
- The University of Iowa Health Care is located in Iowa City, a vibrant, diverse community in southeastern Iowa. The Iowa City area offers affordable housing, low crime rates, excellent schools, Big Ten sports, abundant outdoor activities, numerous cultural, musical, arts, and literary events.
- Physiatry is currently under the Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Department
- As a national leader in integrated healthcare services, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies and hospice agencies. With a national footprint that includes 133 hospitals, 245 home health locations, and 83 hospice locations in 37 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective, integrated care across the healthcare continuum. Encompass Health is ranked as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For.
- Inpatient and outpatient which would be the follow-up from the inpatient
- Inpatient consults
- Outpatient clinics
- Outpatient opportunities are broad and could include msk, spine, neurorehab, amputee, pediatrics and others, depending on your interest
- See approximately 12 – 15 patients/day
- Ample opportunity for research and medical education
- Academics – medical students rotate through the hospital, future residency program development
- The hospitalists take care of the patients’ primary care medical needs during the week and weekends
- Cover admissions during the weekend; receive extra pay for this service
- Salary plus quarterly bonus if you exceed RVU threshold
- After 2 years, RVU-based
- Stipend provided if you’re doing research
- The University of Iowa Health Care offers one of the most competitive, comprehensive benefit packages around
- Malpractice with tail, health and dental insurance, 403(b) & 401(a) retirement savings plan where you contribute 5% and the university contributes 10%, Life and AD&D insurances, flexible spending accounts, healthy living and discounts, PTO, CME time and allowance
Reason for the opening:
- This is a new hospital and the census is growing so another physiatrist is needed
- Board Certified/Qualified physiatrist with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Seeking an academic-oriented physiatrist with a variety of clinical interests
- A commitment to ongoing performance improvement
- Experience promoting a diverse workforce in an academic environment
If you have any interest, skills or experience with inpatient physiatry jobs, you’re in luck. Interest in inpatient physiatry jobs has decreased over the years, making the need for skilled clinicians now more than ever. There is a great demand for qualified inpatient physiatrists, and Farr Healthcare can help you find the practice or facility of your dreams.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies.