- The area’s only comprehensive, CARF-accredited rehab hospital
- Established program with strong support system
- Sugar-white beaches alongside a historic town rich with culture
Acute Care Hospital Features:
- Licensed for 515 beds and includes the main acute care hospital, the area’s only comprehensive, CARF-accredited physical rehabilitation hospital, a behavioral health facility and two free-standing emergency rooms
- Northwest Florida’s first Accredited Chest Pain Center and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. They are also the first hospital in the state of Florida to have earned Atrial Fibrillation with Electrophysiology Services Accreditation and is an Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Teaching facility serving as core sites for several area medical schools along with launching GME programs in various specialties starting in 2021
- The Medical Group is a group of employed physicians and advanced practice providers with specialties including primary care, general surgery, cardiovascular and thoracic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, and inpatient behavioral health.
- Their physicians are conveniently located throughout the Escambia and Santa Rosa County area and within easy driving distance to adjacent communities in Alabama
- The Pensacola Bay Area offers the best of both worlds: 52 miles of sun-drenched, sugar white beaches alongside a historic town rich with culture and Southern hospitality.
- Offers 450 years of history, innovative coastal cuisine, art and culture, unique shopping and many festivals throughout the year, celebrating everything from music and food to art and Mardi Gras.
- Boasting a thriving arts community, the Pensacola Bay Area is home to the ‘big five,’ including ballet, opera, symphony, theatre and an accredited museum of visual arts.
- Boasts a rich military heritage with Naval Air Station Pensacola, the world-famous Blue Angels and the National Naval Aviation Museum, one of the world’s largest air and space museums.
- From miles of sugar white beaches to historic districts and cultural events, from tranquil, emerald water to trendy nightlife, Pensacola has something for everyone.
- Join established team of two physicians and one advanced practice provider
- PM&R residency program starting in 2021
- 58-bed comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation hospital accredited through the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and is the only comprehensive medical rehabilitation hospital in the Pensacola service area
- The Institute is also a designated the Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Program for the Panhandle of Florida by the Florida Department of Health
- Patient acuity includes stroke, debility, hip/join replacement, tumors, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, trauma, amputations and other neurological and orthopaedic conditions
- Treat acute rehab patients including but not limited to stroke, orthopaedic, amputation, neurological conditions, and debility patients
- Act as the primary care doctor for the patients
- See about 20 patients/day
- Hospital consults
- Can also provide SNF or assisted living care if interested
- 1:3 with rotating weekends
- Comprehensive benefits
- Board Certified or Qualified
- TBI or SCI interest or experience preferred but not required
If you have any interest, skills or experience with inpatient physiatry jobs, you’re in luck. Interest in inpatient physiatry jobs has decreased over the years, making the need for skilled clinicians now more than ever. There is a great demand for qualified inpatient physiatrists, and Farr Healthcare can help you find the practice or facility of your dreams.