- Live on the beach
- Great quality of care – In 2019 & 2020, the Dover Rehab Hospital was the company rehab hospital of the year;#1 in quality outcomes in 2021
- Full census in Dover, the state capitol, so the hospital is expanding
- Beautiful new rehab hospital in Georgetown
- 1:4 call and only when admissions
- Internal medicine support and 43 different specialists
Georgetown, DE Features:
- Is 16 miles from the beach
- Affordable homes and well-located building lots
- Accessible airport with charter services
- Unique shops
- 2 hours to Atlantic City, NJ, Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC
- An amazing place to live, for video click here
Dover, DE Features:
- One of the fast-growing areas in the state of Delaware, due in large part to the relatively low cost of living. Apart from the state and county governments, Dover’s significant employers include Dover Air Force Base, located within the southeast corporate limits of the city.
- In addition, Kraft Foodsand Procter & Gamble have manufacturing facilities in Dover. The Kraft Foods plant in Dover has been the plant that manufactures Jell-O since 1964 when it relocated from Bloomfield, New York.
- The P&G plants makes PampersBaby Fresh wipes.
- ILC Dover, in nearby Frederica, is the producer of fabrics for military and aerospace uses, along with being the primary contractor for production of the Apollo and Skylab spacesuits, as well as the spacesuit assembly for the Space Shuttle‘s Extravehicular Mobility Unit (EMU).
- Several local and national retailers and restaurants line US 13 through Dover, with the Dover Mall situated along this corridor
- One weekend a year in the spring, NASCARraces are held at Dover Motor Speedway, attracting about 65,000 spectators.
- Firefly Music Festivalis held in the Woodlands of Dover Motor Speedway every summer since 2012.
- Dover, DE: 34-bed freestanding rehab hospital; 3 physiatrists on staff
- Georgetown, DE: 34-bed rehab hospital
- DE has a great rehab need as there are only 125 rehab beds for 1M state residents
- They have the best in Therapy, Nursing, Quality and Operations Leadership who are out-of-the-box thinkers driven to success and are attracting the best and brightest
- Offers specialty programs in TBI, Parkinson’s and highly trained staff
- The rehabilitation hospital programs primarily focus on Brain Injury, Stroke, Amputation, Spinal Cord Injury, Neurological Conditions, Complicated Orthopedics, and Multiple Trauma.
- Open medical staff
- Has advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) certification, and multiple specialty certificated therapists
- Innovative, energized therapy team
- Approximately 75% inpatient work and 25% outpatient but flexible, can also see consults
- General PM&R diagnoses
- See approximately 15+ patients/day
- You would be the attending, admitting and primary doctor for the patients; internists are available for consults
- Internists on call on the weekend so the only weekend responsibility would be for admissions and would be 1:4
- Base salary plus incentive based on RVU’s.
- Board Certified/Qualified physiatrists with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- The ideal candidates will have vision and drive
- Comprehensive to include health, malpractice insurance, paid vacation, long- and short-term disability and more
Professional Services Include:
- Daily Physician Visits
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Comprehensive Medical Staff
- Respiratory Care (we only have 12 hours)
- 24-Hour Rehab Nursing
- Neurology consultation in-house
- Internal Medicine
Conditions Treated Include:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Complex Medical-Debility
- Neurological Diseases
- Guillain–Barré Syndrome
- Major Joint/Orthopedic
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Pulmonary Conditions
Their Specialty Services Include:
- Body-Weight Supported Mobility Systems
- Prosthetic Training
- Specialty Mobility and Seating
- Stroke Program
- Parkinson’s Program
- Wound Care
- Bariatric Equipment
- On-Site Modified Barium Swallow Test
- Swallowing Therapy & Therapeutic Dining Program
- On-Site Dialysis/Peritoneal Dialysis
- Bioness Integrated Therapy System
If you have any interest, skills or experience with inpatient physiatry jobs, you’re in luck. Interest in inpatient physiatry jobs has decreased over the years, making the need for skilled clinicians now more than ever. There is a great demand for qualified inpatient physiatrists, and Farr Healthcare can help you find the practice or facility of your dreams.