THIS POSITION IS CLOSED. PLEASE REFER TO THE OPENINGS PAGE.
- No weekends and no call
- Student loan forgiveness after 10 years
- Large referral network with 7 hospitals and many outpatient centers
- Collegial atmosphere at this exciting new practice opportunity
- Work with exceptional physiatrists
- Short drive to the mountains or the coast
- Access to an international airport
- University town that is experiencing 400% growth in its uptown population
- Inpatient/outpatient work
- Provide care on a CARF-accredited General Rehabilitation, Spinal Cord Injury, and/or Traumatic Brain Injury inpatient unit as well as in an outpatient clinical setting.
- Inpatient rounds then general rehab clinic
- Participate in didactics with residents, rotating medical students, and occasional research students
- Can do musculoskeletal care, musculoskeletal ultrasound, SSEP, VEP, EMG’s, phenol nerve blocks; joint injections, botox, IT baclofen pumps, US guidance and wound/hyperbaric medicine
- Research is supported and is a valued component of the position if desired
- Fixed-term position available at the title/rank of assistant professor or higher.
- Monday – Friday schedule.
- 974-bed Level I trauma center
- Work at a 75-bed rehab unit attached to the acute care hospital
- Join9 physiatrists with 5 hospital-based neurosurgeons
- Large referral network including 7 regional Vidant Health hospitals and numerous outpatient practices
- EPIC System-wide integrated EMR
- The PM&R Department serves the rehabilitation needs of the 1.4 million people in a 29-county region of eastern North Carolina and is located within Vidant Rehabilitation Center at Vidant Medical Center, with Spinal Cord, Brain Injury, General Rehab, and Pediatric Rehabilitation Units.
- The Center is also one of the five centers of excellence. The Medical Center is a JCAHO-accredited Level I Trauma center with 900+ beds and is one of seven hospitals owned by Vidant Health.
- Fixed Term position available at the title/rank of assistant professor or higher.
- Relocation Assistance, Vacation, CME Days & Reimbursement, Malpractice (with tail), 401K, Insurance, State Benefits, Disability
Life Insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, dental, medical reimbursement plan and more
- Salary guarantee; good RVU productivity
- Will accept J-1 and H-1B visa holders
- Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.
If you have any interest, skills or experience with inpatient physiatry jobs, you’re in luck. Interest in inpatient physiatry jobs has decreased over the years, making the need for skilled clinicians now more than ever. There is a great demand for qualified inpatient physiatrists, and Farr Healthcare can help you find the practice or facility of your dreams.