- Enjoy working at a newly-built clinic
- Unique opportunity to have the resource of a Neuroinstitute for research and/or collaboration
- Tourism is WV’s #1 industry because of all you can see and do there
- Dependents’ college tuition free
- Part of the Hagerstown-Martinsburg, MD-WV Metropolitan Statistical Area. 77 miles to Washington, D.C. and 95 miles to Baltimore, MD. Close to no less than five state capitals: Harrisburg PA – 80 miles, Annapolis MD – 85 miles, Dover DE – 132 miles, Richmond VA – 135 miles & Trenton NJ – 179 miles
- Eastern Panhandle of WV
- Shenandoah Valley
- Offers the amenities of the large city in a scenic and affordable location
- A rural atmosphere
- Low cost of living
- Easy accessibility to Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD make it an ideal place to live.
- Berkeley County is among the fastest growing counties in the state, and in recent years a steady influx of urban professionals from Washington and Baltimore have contributed to the growth of local telecommuting and high-tech industries.
- Part of the West Virginia University School of Medicine, Department of Neurological Surgery and a major teaching site for WV University School of Medicine. WVU Medicine is West Virginia University’s affiliated health system, West Virginia’s largest private employer, and a national leader in patient safety and quality. Through our sixteen hospitals, five institutes, and more than 1000 physicians, specialists, and sub-specialists, WVU Medicine provides comprehensive healthcare services to all of West Virginia, Southeast Ohio, Western Maryland, and Southwest Pennsylvania.
- Affiliated with WVU Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute. The West Virginia University Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute, led by Dr. Ali Rezai, has expanded the departments of neuroscience, neurology, neurosurgery, neuroradiology, and behavioral medicine and psychiatry, integrating multiple disciplines, and forming a team of specialists. This team coordinates a comprehensive approach, optimizing the diagnosis, management, and treatment of those impacted by neurological disorders. All sorts of research are possible for you at this institute as well as to collaborate on patient care.
- Join a dedicated and collegial group of physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners who have expertise in interventional pain management, neurosurgery and physiatry
- Primarily outpatient with an inpatient consultative service seeing various neurologic and orthopedic disorders
- Expanding outpatient opportunities including spasticity management, prosthetics, ABI, and a comprehensive neuroscience center to manage various neuromuscular and neurologic disorders
- Interest and experience in electrodiagnostic evaluations and ultrasound-guided procedures is a plus
- Research possible but not required
- Competitive salary plus incentive
- Comprehensive to include 100% employer-contributed 401b, 24 vacation days, 8 sick days, dependent college tuition program and much more
Reason for Opening:
- Must be Board eligible/certified with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Will consider H1B visa holders
You’ll find plenty of outpatient physiatry practice opportunities when you search the Openings listed on the website of Farr Healthcare. Even though competition is greater in this field, we believe there’s a perfect match for every outpatient physiatrist candidate and employer. You won’t find a larger listing of practice opportunities anywhere for top-quality outpatient physiatry opportunities, especially one with so much information.
WVU is an AA/EO employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.