- Independent, privately-owned clinic with 25 year history of successful rehab
- The practice culture promotes autonomy, latitude and flexibility
- Heterogeneous, working-class community offers a great service opportunity
- Providers with high levels of skill and experience enable a rewarding work environment
- Multidisciplinary clinic with a Workers Comp emphasis and a culture of respect
- Tremendous infrastructure to help with Workers Comp claim administration
- Well-established reputation and operations will help you in the Workers Comp domain
- Referrals direct from urgicare setting afford time to work with patients; most patients come 1 – 6 months after injury
- Approximately 20% are pre- and post-op surgery
- Treat musculoskeletal conditions from everyday aches and pains to sports injuries to motor vehicle and work accidents
- 2 physiatrists, 1 PA, 2 PT’s, 3 PTA’s, 1 massage therapist, 1 acupuncturist
- The senior physiatrist is Board Certified by the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPMR) as well as the American Osteopathic College of Rehabilitation Medicine (AOCPMR)
- For 25 years, the senior physiatrist has specialized in musculoskeletal and neurologic pain, and workers’ compensation claim management. He is well-known in the community for his experience weighing the facts of a claim and the rights of all parties. He routinely does Arbiter exams to settle disputes for the State of Oregon, and Independent Medical Exams.
- Prescribing opiates follow strict guidelines for OR; often keeping dose limits to primary care practice levels. PA, not MD/DO manages routine refills.
- Great long-term potential as the senior physiatrist is in his 60’s
- General outpatient MSKEL pain, mild concussion, etc.
- See approximately 20 patients/day of which 2 – 4 are new evaluations, the others in active rehab.
- Some administrative and medicolegal correspondence
- 1-4 EMG’s/week
- US-guided injections, e.g., elbows, shoulders, wrists
- Chronic pain management – most is done by the PA as well as opioid prescriptions
- 4-day work week possible
- Enjoy work autonomy; not a rigid, micromanaged work environment
- No call
- Employee with partnership opportunity
- Salary plus productivity bonus
- Very comprehensive to include malpractice, health, dental, vision insurances, 401(k), paid time off
- Board Certified/Qualified physiatrist who is organized, responsible, and wants to further build the practice
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Respectful of all employees, professional demeanor.
- A team player who works independently and timely
You’ll find plenty of outpatient physiatry practice opportunities when you search the Openings listed on the website of Farr Healthcare. Even though competition is greater in this field, we believe there’s a perfect match for every outpatient physiatrist candidate and employer. You won’t find a larger listing of practice opportunities anywhere for top-quality outpatient physiatry opportunities, especially one with so much information.