THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. PLEASE REFER TO THE OPENINGS PAGE.
- 4-day work week if interested
- Will advance monies prior to graduation for interested residents
- People vacation here, you can live here!
- Water-front homes
- Enjoy nature and then hop on a plane in 1/2 hour when you want to travel
- Northeast WI
- Tourism plays a substantial role in the economy of Minocqua. As a forested lake community, there are many outdoor summer activities, such as fishing, camping, waterskiing, boating, hiking, bike riding, berry collecting, and swimming.
- A business strip runs through the downtown (“The Island”), with tourist attractions and shopping. Minocqua’s nightlife includes bars hosting live music in the summer. A Fourth of July parade is presented annually. Events include dancing, live music, fireworks, and a Min-Aqua Bat waterski and boat show.
- During the fall, rifle and bow hunting draw many visitors, as does the annual downtown merchants’ Beef-a-Rama held the last Saturday in September. Winter activities include snowmobile festivals, Nordic (cross country) skiing, ice fishing, downhill skiing in nearby hills, snow tubing, sleigh rides, and snowmobiling. Minocqua is home to Minocqua Winter Park, a cross-country skiing venue, as well as a sledding hill and ice-skating pond.
- Minocqua is home to one of the world’s oldest amateur water ski teams, the Min-Aqua Bats. The Min-Aqua bats have been performing at the Aqua Bowl for 70 summers now, as a nonprofit organization and will open up the 71st season in June 2020.
- Arts activities include the Campanile Center for the Arts which operates year-round, offering an array of high quality artists to captivate, intrigue and inspire audiences. The Campanile also provides music, theater, and visual art instruction.
Health System Features:
- More than 1,600 providers in 170 medical specialties and subspecialties as well as over 13,000 employees in 65 clinical locations in 45 communities serving Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
- Located within a beautiful sports therapy center
- No competition in the area
- Support from athletic trainer with full PT onsite, fitness instructors and a dedicated radiology tech
- The office is across the road from the hospital
- Consults, evals, treatment, and management of patients with acute and chronic msk and neurologic conditions
- EMG’s-done at the hospital
- See approximately 2 patients/hour
- No call
- Competitive 2-year salary guarantee
- Lucrative bonus and/or stipend during training
- 4 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks CME to start
- $5,800 CME annual allowance
- Health, Dental, Life, Disability, and Occurrence Based Malpractice insurance
- Generous retirement plan; 401(k) plan with match and 457(b) plan
- Up to $20,000 relocation support
Reason for Opening:
- Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Will consider 2024 graduates
- Will consider H1 visa holders
Minocqua Community Information:
- In the Northwoods you will find a relaxed, safe and secure environment.
- Known for its small-town friendliness
- Extremely low crime rate
- Education is a top priority in Minocqua, with the state of Wisconsin ranking consistently in the top 3 nationally, and their elementary schools ranking higher than state averages.
- When you want to travel out of the area you will have access to the Rhinelander Airport in 30 minutes and the Central WI Airport is 90 minutes away
- Madison is a 3-hour drive, Minneapolis/St. Paul is a 4-hour drive, Milwaukee or Chicago is a 5-hour drive, and you’re only 90 minutes to the Shores of Lake Superior.
- Area population is approximately 10,000.
- Fun Fact: Minocqua is home to a 30′ tall snowman in the winter called “Snowmy Kromer” due to the Stormy Kromer that is placed on top his head!
You’ll find plenty of outpatient physiatry practice opportunities when you search the Openings listed on the website of Farr Healthcare. Even though competition is greater in this field, we believe there’s a perfect match for every outpatient physiatrist candidate and employer. You won’t find a larger listing of practice opportunities anywhere for top-quality outpatient physiatry opportunities, especially one with so much information.