THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED, PLEASE REFER TO THE OPENINGS PAGE.
- Exceptional academic leadership opportunity with a blank slate to create a physiatry department of your dreams
- Change WV’s future by having an immediate impact and serving the entire state of WV and the surrounding region of 18+ hospitals
- Don’t be fooled by the perception of Appalachian WV; it is an unsuspecting jewel with a friendly institutional culture
- Share your sense of purpose with them!
- Click here to watch their video and be convinced of this great opportunity
- As a land-grant institution, the faculty, staff and students at WVU commit to creating a diverse and inclusive culture that advances education, healthcare and prosperity for all by providing access and opportunity; by advancing high-impact research; and by leading transformation in West Virginia and the world through local, state and global engagement.
- WVU is proud to hold RI research classification, the highest research activity as described by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
- WVU Medicine is West Virginia University’s affiliated health system, West Virginia’s largest private employer, and a national leader in patient safety and quality.
- The WVU Health System is comprised of eighteen member hospitals and three hospitals under management agreements, anchored by its flagship hospital, J.W Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, a 700+ bed academic medical center that offers tertiary and quaternary care with closed admitting privileges. The WVU Medicine System, has more than 20,000 employees; 2,200 clinicians; and more than 2.5 million patient visits annually.
- WVU Medicine serves hundreds of thousands of people each year from across the state of West Virginia and the nation.
- A new 150-bed WVU Medicine Children’s Hospital will open in 2022.
- WVU Health System has been ranked number 180 out of 500 businesses selected for the Forbes list of “‘America’s Best Employers 2021.”
- Growing hospital system with doctors with notoriety who have raised the caliber of the institution
- Hospitalists plentiful
- Full complement of all specialties
- 6 physiatrists currently on staff
- The university is on the hospital campus
- Plans are for a 35-bed rehab hospital
- Morgantown, WV is consistently rated as one of the best small metropolitan areas in the country for both lifestyle and business climate.
- The area offers the cultural diversity and amenities of a large city in a safe, family-friendly environment.
- Set the strategic vision to build a first-class department of PM&R
- Create, plan, and develop strategies that will promote clinical and academic opportunities and expand current services across the University including their five institutes: WVU Cancer Institute, WVU Critical Care and Trauma Institute (Level I), WVU Eye Institute, WVU Heart and Vascular Institute, WVU Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute, a high-level neurologic institute.
- Start as clinical to build the department and then develop the educational platform
- Will report to the Dean
- Salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications
- Comprehensive benefits to include 501k and 401b
- A visionary leader
- Unwavering commitment to excellence in clinical care, education, and research
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain a collegial department culture
- Administrative experience should include strategic planning, finance/budgeting, and recruitment.
- Experience in a multi hospital system is desirable. An understanding of critical issues in rural healthcare is highly desired.
- Candidates with current academic experience are highly desired.
- Applicants must be board certified in PM&R, have an MD, DO, or foreign equivalent degree, and be eligible to obtain an unrestricted West Virginia medical license.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a leadership role in a complex, multi-faceted university or large clinical group practice is preferred, as well as a proven ability to provide leadership to other physicians, health care professionals, support staff, and students.
- Applicants must meet all requirements by the time of appointment.
WVU is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The university values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
If you have any interest, skills or experience with inpatient physiatry jobs, you’re in luck. Interest in inpatient physiatry jobs has decreased over the years, making the need for skilled clinicians now more than ever. There is a great demand for qualified inpatient physiatrists, and Farr Healthcare can help you find the practice or facility of your dreams.