- Be part of growing network of over 60 hospitals
- Victoria is the medical hub for South Central Texas
- 2 hours from Houston, Austin and San Antonio
- You’re likely to be at the high end of compensation for a general physiatrist
- Gorgeous facility with virtually no competition in the area and no competition within the hospital
- Great opportunities for program development and welcoming medical staff to promote your services
- Work/life balance as the medical care provided by the local primary care doctors
- Close to the beach(30 miles) and major cities
- No state income tax
- Victoria’s economy is a mix of education, health, retail, agriculture, and industry. Its access to major highways, the Victoria Regional Airport, railway terminals, the shallow draft Port of Victoria, and the deep water Port of Port Lavaca-Point Comforthelp to sustain a healthy environment for business. Major industrial employers in the region include Formosa Plastics Corp, Inteplast Group, Dow, Invista, Caterpillar and Alcoa.
- Victoria has many performing arts and theatre events and venues. Theatre Victoria offers six productions in a season that runs from July to May. Performances are held in the newly renovated Leo J. Welder Center, a fully equipped, modern performing space located downtown. The Victoria Symphony Orchestra and Victoria Ballet provide several performances each year.
- For a week each June, the Victoria Bach Festival welcomes musicians from across the country to fill theatres, churches, and outdoor spaces with engaging musical performances.
- Several museums are located in Victoria. They include the McNamara House (a social history museum), the Nave (art), the Children’s Discovery Museum, and the Museum of the Coastal Bend (MCB). The MCB showcases the rich multicultural heritage of the region, and includes prominent displays of artifacts found from La Salle’s colony in the late 17th century.
- The Victoria Art League is home to many local artists and is located in one of the Texas Registered Historical Landmark buildings
- Internationally-known fishing and boating to include tournaments
- There are many public and private school options and a community college and university branch campus.
- Boating, freshwater and ocean fishing are available as are several golf courses. There is downtown and mall shopping.
- 2 state-of-the-art, freestanding rehab hospitals
- Within 200’ of each other
- The Victoria facility has 26 beds and the North facility has 11 beds
- JCAHO stroke certification
- City of 63,000 and an area population of 110,000+.
- Work with certified rehabilitation registered nurses (CRRN) as well as nurses with certification in ACLS (advanced cardiac life support).
- The therapy services include PT, OT, ST and RT
- The leadership of the medical staff is open to a physiatrist coming to town and will support the new doctor in becoming part of the medical community and promoting your services
- No other rehab from Victoria to Houston in one direction and to Corpus Christi in the other direction.
- The Executive Management Team has had an outstanding success in the healthcare arena with collectively over a century of experience and knowledge in running successful LTACH hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals and outpatient facilities.
- Based in PA, this is a specialty healthcare company focused on providing high quality post-acute acre in the most efficient and cost-effective setting
- The main medical center has the Exoskeleton device
- Good relations with neurosurgery
- Provide inpatient care, outpatient possible as there are no physiatrists in the area doing general outpatient work
- General PM&R diagnoses
- You can also do program development work in stroke, pain management, ortho, outpatient and more.
- The Medical Director approves admissions
- You are the consultant
- Wide variety of diagnoses
- The primary care physicians cover medical
- Employee, although not the traditional employee modal as the position fosters independence
- Base salary plus incentive based on RVU’s. The base salary is typically around $200,000 and the remainder is productivity.
- Comprehensive to include health, malpractice insurance, paid vacation, long- and short-term disability and more
If you have any interest, skills or experience with inpatient physiatry jobs, you’re in luck. Interest in inpatient physiatry jobs has decreased over the years, making the need for skilled clinicians now more than ever. There is a great demand for qualified inpatient physiatrists, and Farr Healthcare can help you find the practice or facility of your dreams.