THIS OPENING HAS BEEN FILLED. PLEASE REFER TO THE OPENINGS PAGE.
- Focus on high quality care and team dynamics
- Excellent physician colleagues, nurses and therapists
- High degree of staff satisfaction
- Dual physician model with hospitalists providing primary care
- Manchester and Nashua are both about 50 miles from Boston
- Manchester and Nashua are 30 minutes apart
- Operational since 1984, this rehab system is Joint Commission-accredited with Specialty Certification in Stroke and Brain Injury
- Patient base in NH and MA
- Has 4 rehab hospitals, 23 outpatient centers, 2 interventional pain centers, a home care service and school-based sports medicine programs
- Join a dynamic group of employed physicians that currently include 9 Internists, 6 PAs, and 8 Physiatrists.
- Diversified services include pediatric rehab, vision and vestibular rehab, O&P and Seating Clinic, industrial rehab, home care, pain management and sports medicine
- Specialty programs in neuro-yoga, women’s health, work conditioning and the “Think First” program to prevent brain and SCI injuries
- Offers a continuum of care from inpatient to homecare, outpatient and vocational rehabilitation services.
- Technology/Assistive Technology resources such as LiteGait, Bioness H200, L300, BITS ndWii rehab and Therapeutic Pool
- Community re-entry services – on-site Support Group, and more
- Minimum of 1 weekend per month. Will sometimes be asked to cover two weekends.
- Weekend coverage includes new admissions that arrive after closing on Friday starting at 6 PM through Monday at 8 AM. An initial visit and orders need to be completed. An initial visit and orders need to be completed
- Only go into the hospitals if there is an admission; no real rounding unless the staff requests it which is rare; hospitalists usually take care of these situations
- In addition to this PM&R position, NRH also has a Hospitalist on call every weekend for acute illnesses. This PM&R position does not have to worry about IM acute illness.
- The location is Manchester & Nashua. Nashua is a 20 -bed facility and Manchester is a 15-bed facility.
- Admissions range anywhere from 0-8 per weekend with the average being 4
- Optional: If you are interested in more than weekend coverage, they may have opportunity to add holiday and vacation coverage.
- 0-4 weekend admissions = $1,000
- 5-6 weekend admissions=$1,150
- 7+ weekend admissions=$1,250
- Mileage and housing allowance of up to $150/day
- Independent contractor
- Seasoned physiatrist with excellent interpersonal, administrative and communications skills
If you have any interest, skills or experience with inpatient physiatry jobs, you’re in luck. Interest in inpatient physiatry jobs has decreased over the years, making the need for skilled clinicians now more than ever. There is a great demand for qualified inpatient physiatrists, and Farr Healthcare can help you find the practice or facility of your dreams.