- Well established company with a proven track record
- Uncapped earning potential; Get paid from day one
- Provider-driven company with physicians as the backbone and treated as such
- Flexible compensation packages and work schedules based on your needs
- An on-site, long-term care health services provider and a pioneer in the field of post-acute care services, shaping the definition of what geriatric care should be.
- Their team of clinical experts consist of medical directors, physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physiatrists, wound-care experts and behavioral health leaders.
- Their comprehensive clinical program will ensure better outcomes and increased patient satisfaction.
- Develops a partnership with skilled nursing facilities as well as assisted living facilities
- Offers Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation services by contracting with physiatrists who specialize in the subacute rehabilitation segment
- Began in 2016 with the vision of improving the level of quality care in long term care facilities.
- Their team emphasizes a holistic approach to patient care with a focus on the close collaboration of interdisciplinary teams working with a common goal of improving the well-being of patients. Additionally, incorporate technologies that facilitate open communication and coordination enhancing the access and personalization of care.
- Their unified model of care, which encompasses the introduction of improved wellness and preventative care services, has proven to significantly reduce 30-day readmission risk with patients in skilled nursing facilities. Their use of best practices and comprehensive evidence-based protocols serve to stabilize patients when more aggressive treatments are needed to treat in place.
- Their program outcomes drive PDPM reimbursement higher, include robust documentation for audits, increase physician presence, include an interdisciplinary teams coordinator
- Their program drives PDPM reimbursements higher by focusing on capturing accurate/optimal clinical diagnosis categories such as muscle wasting & atrophy, enhanced documentation & insurance peer to peer review supporting facility continued need for skilled care and they select and document additional NTA’s DX codes where appropriate
- The PDPM increase client outcome – increased clinical category added NTA total= daily rate increase
- In-house compliance & training program – proprietary template creation in the facility’s PCC, physiatrist PDPM training/on boarding, initial chart review/feedback, facility PDPM report/feedback, recommendations/feedback to the physiatrist
- The Care Model – short term consultation & follow-up visits, long term care consultation of therapy need, utilization review meetings & follow-up action plan, medical review of interactions & side effects, pain management techniques
- Work at subacute units within nursing homes
- Fully supportive and involved clinical and back-office staff
- Strategic work location choice to be near your home
- Management of billing, credentialing and compliance
- Has contracts with a nursing home chain in NYC, FL, MI and TN
- Most times the company identifies areas with potential for services, contracts with a physiatrist
- 4 days/week
- Individualize rehabilitative treatment plans with a focus on functional restoration
- Participate in Medicare review and multi-disciplinary meetings regularly
- Coordination of the rehab team, setting functional goals, managing pain, and troubleshooting complications related to the rehabilitation diagnosis, allowing patients to transition home as quickly and safely as possible
- Round on patients 1-2 times per week
- Joint injections and trigger points with special emphasis on opioids reduction programs
- Flexible work schedule with adherence to preset metrics and facility needs
- No weekends, nights, or calls
- The number of facilities depends on the bed-size of the facility(s); at the most, would be 3 facilities
- See approximately 22 – 30 patients/day
- Usually go to 1 facility one day and another facility the next day, etc.
- Must do consults within 48 hours of admission, then usually do 2 follow-ups/week
- There is a ramp-up period to grow the patient volume
- Choice of independent contractor or employee (W-2)
- Either way, the company will do the billings
- Flexible compensation packages depending on individual circumstances
- Compensation averages $250,000 – $350,000
- If an independent contractor, make 65% of the gross if seeing 0-25 patients/day, 70% of the gross if seeing 25+ patients/day
- If an employee, paid per RVU, varies by area such as $22 RVU in TN
- Get paid from day one, absolutely no wait for collection-Most subacute groups when on a collections basis it can take 3 months until the collections come in putting a financial strain on the Physiatrist. This company gives you a small draw right away when you start (low dollar amount per work RVU $12) to give you float money in the meantime until collections come in
- For full time W2 employees: Health, dental and vision insurance, access to a 401 K, medical malpractice coverage, 16 paid days off and holidays
- Benefits are not provided for independent contractors except some of the efficient workflows for documentation within the EMR as well as assisting with obtaining malpractice but not paying for it
- Board Certified/Qualified physiatrists with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- If Board Qualified, must be within 2 years of residency completion
- Be a team player as part of the interdisciplinary team at the nursing