A practicing physiatrist recently asked me about the best resources for interventional physiatry compensation information. Here’s what I told him:
- The best resource is the Medical Group Management Association’s compensation survey. The 2023 MGMA Compensation & Production Report (which is compiled based on 2022 data) estimates that the average PM&R salary is around $325,429. https://physiciansthrive.com/physician-compensation/physiatrist-palary-your-guide-to-compensation-in-physicial-medicine-and-rehabilitation.You might be able to call them and get a spine figure from them. Otherwise, the survey can be purchased although it’s expensive. (If you’re with an academic program, this survey should be in their library.)
- MedScape does physician compensation surveys which as a doctor you can get on the web.
- A Google search showed:
- Pain Medicine: Pain medicine physicians actually get paid quite well (for those looking to boost their PM&R salary), with the national average reported by com being $376,218
- As of Oct 27, 2023, the average annual pay for an Interventional Spine Physiatrist in the United States is $142,182 a year.
Salary: Interventional Spine Physiatrist (Nov, 2023) US. Please note that this figure goes to show that not all surveys are accurate!
- The estimated total pay for a Spine Physiatrist Physician is $243,726 per year in the United States area, with an average salary of $223,802 per year. These numbers represent the median, which is the midpoint of the ranges from our proprietary Total Pay Estimate model and based on salaries collected from our users. The estimated additional pay is $19,924 per year. Additional pay could include cash bonus, commission, tips, and profit sharing. The “Most Likely Range” represents values that exist within the 25th and 75th percentile of all pay data available for this role. https://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/spine-physiatrist-physician-salary-SRCH_KO0,27.htm