- Work at what will be a brand-new rehab hospital
- Super-collaborative group
- Rated top large employer in the nation
- Spain Rehab is a known SCI model system site
- Birmingham has the Lakeshore Foundation which is the home of para-Olympic training
· Work in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
· Appointment rank and tenure will be at a level consistent with the applicant’s accomplishments
· Recognized program in SCI research that warrants expansion given the number of trauma cases seen at this Level 1 Trauma
· Funding sources for SCI research activities in our department have included NIH, CDC, and NIDILRR,
· The UAB SCI Model System program has been continuously funded since 1998.
· They offer excellent opportunities to form interdisciplinary research collaborations with basic and clinician scientists.
· UAB is a nationally recognized medical center with six health-related schools, a comprehensive liberal arts college, school of business and engineering, and a graduate school and is Alabama’s largest employer.
· Based upon an intensely collaborative and interdisciplinary culture, UAB’s robust research enterprise receives more than $700 million annually in external funding.
· UAB is also a large contributor to the economic strength of the region, with a statewide economic impact exceeding $5 billion annually
· Position is primarily inpatient SCI service or acute care consults.
· Clinical and research
· Outpatient clinic 2 to 3 half-days/week
· 8-12 patient sessions (4 hour blocks)
· Participate with hospital initiatives
· Research can be as little as 10% or as much as you want
· Most be willing to participate in resident/trainee education
· Optional but encourage
· $500/day on weekends
· 1:9 weekends if you choose to do so
Reason for opening:
· Retirement of one provider, and another providing scaling back role at UAB
· Base salary, plus department incentive, plus academic incentive
· With the benefits provided, the compensation is well over the AAMC median
· Comprehensive to include tuition for you and your dependents!
· Competitive salary, excellent benefits, and education and travel funds
· Start-up/ transition research support
· Participate in the department’s faculty incentive program focusing on scholarly and teaching activities.
· Board certified/eligible in physical medicine and rehabilitation
· Experience in SCI
· Would prefer applicants who have completed a SCI fellowship
If you have any interest, skills or experience with inpatient physiatry jobs, you’re in luck. Interest in inpatient physiatry jobs has decreased over the years, making the need for skilled clinicians now more than ever. There is a great demand for qualified inpatient physiatrists, and Farr Healthcare can help you find the practice or facility of your dreams.