THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. PLEASE REFER TO THE OPENINGS PAGE.
- Demonstrated pediatric need with a backlog for access to pediatric patient care.
- Large referral network with 9 hospitals and many outpatient centers
- Collegial atmosphere
- Work with exceptional physiatrists
- Short drive to the mountains or the coast
- Access to an international airport
- University town that is experiencing 400% growth in its uptown population in the next year
- Work at a 75-bed, CARF-accredited rehab unit attached to the acute care hospital
- Provide care on the inpatient CARF-accredited pediatric unit, consult service and outpatient clinics. They have one of only two inpatient pediatric units in the state and are a quaternary referral site. Clinics include pediatric rehab, spasticity. TBI and baclofen.
- Early AM round w/residents; clinic; consults admits and discharges; patient care conferences 3 times/week; M/D team conference with family
- Participate in the training of residents, medical students, and other allied health students. Research is supported and is a valued component of the position.
- Approximately 50% Inpatient/50% Outpatient
- Join 9 physiatrists with joint appointment in Department of Pediatrics
- Large referral network including 9 regional hospitals and numerous outpatient practices
- EPIC System-wide integrated EMR
- The PM&R Department serves the rehabilitation needs of the 1.4 million people in a 29-county region of eastern North Carolina and is located within the Rehabilitation Center with Spinal Cord, Brain Injury, General Rehab, and Pediatric Rehabilitation Units.
- The Center’s 75-bed inpatient unit is one of few rehabilitation facilities in the U.S. accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in eleven or more specialty areas.
- The Center is also one of the five centers of excellence. The Medical Center is a JCAHO-accredited Level I Trauma center with 900+ beds and is one of nine hospitals owned by the system.
- Fixed Term position available at the title/rank of assistant professor or higher.
- The Children’s Hospital,located on the health campus, is designed to care for children from newborns to 18 years of age (and up to 21 years of age is patient is being followed by a pediatric physician). The facility provides highly specialized services including a pediatric intensive care, neonatal intensive care, kids immunosuppressed specialty unit, specialty care nursery, mother-baby unit, pediatric ECMO services, 24/7 children’s emergency department, acute dialysis and continuous renal replacement therapy, pediatric radiology, pediatric rehabilitation, general surgery, cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, and craniofacial surgery. The The Children’s Hospital is a designated Children’s Miracle Network hospital, placing it among the nation’s top children’s facilities.
- Fixed term or tenure track
- Relocation Assistance, Vacation, CME Days & Reimbursement, Malpractice (with tail), 401K, Health Insurance, State Benefits, Disability and Life Insurance, retirement with 6% match, 529 Plan, 403B plan, tuition assistance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, dental, medical reimbursement plan and more
- 1:7 weeks call to include adult call, 2 residents help with call
- Salary plus RVU incentive; the incentive is distributed every 6 months and the vast majority of physiatrists receive it
- Board Certified/Eligible pediatric rehab physiatrist or developmental pediatrician
If you have any interest, skills or experience with inpatient physiatry jobs, you’re in luck. Interest in inpatient physiatry jobs has decreased over the years, making the need for skilled clinicians now more than ever. There is a great demand for qualified inpatient physiatrists, and Farr Healthcare can help you find the practice or facility of your dreams.