- $20,000 sign-on bonus and $270,000 for a new graduate
- Professional collegiality with 6 physiatrists
- Excellent working relationships with a full continuum of Neuromusculoskeletal specialists
- Named Best Outside City by Outside magazine – Fish, hike, ski, sail, canoe, kayak, bike and mountain bike, golf, tennis ice skate, hockey, rock climb.
- Duluth, MN – located at the westernmost tip of Lake Superior
- 150 miles north of Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Duluth population: 86,000; Regional service area: 460,000
- Some of the best public schools in the nation
- Spectacular beauty – North Woods, lake views, hills
- World-class mountain biking
- Lake Superior & surrounding lakes
- Miles of hiking, in the city limits
- Miles of lit cross-country trails, in the city limits
- Two downhill ski locations, in the city limits
- $900M, new hospital and clinic, in-process
- Outside Magazine named Duluth, “Best Town Ever!”
- Huge geographic catchment area, with 65+ referring clinics
- 32 bed inpatient rehabilitation unit
- Join a 6 physician practice with 1 Pediatric Physiatrist.
- Outpatient therapy provided by therapists who sub-specialize in neuro, pediatric and musculoskeletal pain.
- Access to a large fitness center.
- Enjoy excellent working relationships with a full continuum of Neuromusculoskeletal specialists including: Neurosurgery, Neurology, Trauma/Critical Care, Orthopedic Surgery, Interventional Neuro-radiology, Interventional Pain and Internal Medicine and all medicine subspecialties
- Regional outreach
- Comprehensive, general PM&R practice with inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation.
- Work collaboratively with Neurosurgery, Occupational Medicine, Interventional Pain with the management of patients with acute and chronic spine injuries and with Neuro Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Hospitalists, Neurology for hospitalized patients with Trauma or Neurologic impairment.
- Actively involved with the maintenance of a comprehensive spine program
- Practice could include EMG’s.
- Participation in regular back & neck management conferencing: peer to peer case review.
- Assessment and management of patients with long term issues. Development of a plan of care in consultation with other specialists
- 1:6 to 1:7
- $270,000 salary or paid based on wRVU’s with $56 per RVU
- $20,000 sign-on bonus
- Health, malpractice, $7,500 relocation, 30 days paid time off and more
- BC/BE in PM&R
- Will consider 2021 graduating residents