- Extraordinary opportunity to work in a nationally recognized, state of the art practice
- Academic setting with educational and research opportunities
- No call
Distance from Boston:
· 1 hour from Boston
· Staff position within The Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation
· Join a staff of 5 physiatrists (some full time, some part time) at the hospital
· The patient population is stroke, neuro, orthopedic
· U of MA Memorial discharges some of their patients to Fairlawn and there are patients discharged from other facilities as well.
· While a consult service at Fairlawn, the physiatrists co-manage the patients with Internal Medicine
· An academic appointment, commensurate with credentials and experience, is also available
· Clinical and basic research opportunities are extensive in this stimulating and collegial academic environment
· There is some academic requirement as all active medical staff are required to maintain a faculty appointment at U of MA Medical School. They do not have a physiatry residency or fellowship program, so that piece of academics is minimal. There is some requirement for didactic education for the orthopedic residents.
· No call
· Employee of the UMass Memorial Healthcare
· A highly competitive compensation/benefits package with compensation incentivized to benefit productive clinicians
· The incentive has an RVU component to it. An additional incentive is possible due to academic, teaching and service activities.
· Choice of Medical Plans and Dental plans
· Group Life Insurance at no cost with option to purchase additional coverage
· Long term disability plan
· Start with 4 weeks’ vacation, Eleven holidays.
· Retirement; 8% of base salary up to maximum of $30K, plus $2K, contribution by employer. Voluntary contribution options also available.
· Board Certified/Qualified in physiatry
· Should possess strong academic credentials as well as a commitment to excellence in patient care, research and teaching
· Visa holders will be considered
· Rich in history and cultural diversity
· The area offers a broad range of excellent primary and secondary schools, as well as several highly regarded colleges and universities.
· It also offers a variety of affordable housing options from newly renovated condominiums in town to gracious Victorian homes in more suburban locales.
· The area boasts numerous restaurants, theatre groups, museums and concert venues.
· It also offers easy access to Boston, Cape Cod and Providence RI all of which are less than an hour’s drive away.
· In short, the area provides a myriad of social, cultural and recreational amenities making it a truly desirable location in which to practice and live.
If you have any interest, skills or experience with inpatient physiatry jobs, you’re in luck. Interest in inpatient physiatry jobs has decreased over the years, making the need for skilled clinicians now more than ever. There is a great demand for qualified inpatient physiatrists, and Farr Healthcare can help you find the practice or facility of your dreams.