THIS POSITION HAS BEEN PLACED ON HOLD. PLEASE REFER TO THE OPENINGS PAGE.
- The hospital system that this practice is affiliated with just announced that they have a new nearly $400 million commitment to enhance the Inpatient Rehabilitation program in conjunction with Shirley Ryan Rehab in Chicago which has been ranked #1 in national rehab for the past 30+ years by US News & World Report
- The rehab program was ranked # 4 in the state by Newsweek which puts them ahead of competing major programs
- Join a highly successful and highly regarded PM&R practice
- The sole provider of rehab services at the local hospital
- Tremendous opportunity for professional growth
- Enjoy the security and stability of a well-established practice and referral system for over the past 36 years
- Hospitalist coverage for inpatient medical issues
- The practice emphasizes quality and time well-spent with patients
- Flourishing multidisciplinary practice of 7 physiatrists and a neurologist
- Strong collections maximizing income and benefits
- Brisk outpatient practice whose office is just a 3-minute walk from the hospital
- Provides you with ample time to see each patient and to provide a concierge level of care
- ADC=32 with care teams of 5 – 6 patients each
- The practice provides inpatient, outpatient, consults, MSK, nursing home services, EMG’s, non-operative procedures, occupational medicine, sports medicine, etc.
- One of the doctors runs the spine clinic providing general msk services where the nurse does all the charting; opportunity to also do work at this clinic
- Approximately 40% Inpatient/ 60% outpatient
- Inpatient rehab and consults
- Act as the consultant doctor for the inpatients as medical consultants available
- Nursing home work is also available if you’re interested
- Medical consultants available
- Attending doctor for 5 – 6 beds
- Work with a team to include PT, OT, SW and a nurse
- Inpatient includes –Strokes, Amputations, Spinal Cord Injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Paralysis, Closed Head Injury, Encephalopathy, Arthritis, Fractures, Joint Replacements, Post-Arthroscopy Pain and Swelling, Post-Surgery Rehab, Parkinson’s & Movement Disorders
- Hospital consults
- The outpatient includes neuromusculoskeletal & EMG although EMG’s are not required
- Diagnoses include pain in the shoulders, neck, back, etc.; numbness, weakness or painful sensations; walking difficulty, sprains, stains, auto accident and work injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, slipped discs, pinched nerves, sports injuries, neuropathy
- A C-arm suite is available
- The Practice serves a number of nursing home and subacute programs, which would also be available
- Generous salary base the first year; production-based thereafter
Weekend / Holiday Call:
- Shared call for weekends
- Approximately 8 weekends/year
- Employee with partnership potential
- A generous pension (profit-sharing plan), 401K, HSA, long-term disability , health insurance (with a premium copay), malpractice with 100% tail, CME allotment, job related expense reimbursement benefit
- Board Certified/Qualified physiatrist with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- A team player
- A patient advocate
- Macomb County offers an ideal suburban location with a great patient base & payer mix, and has a unique and culturally rich population with a top rated public school system, beautiful parks, award winning dining and performing arts.
- Macomb County is known for its friendly community, mid-western hospitality, parks and water sports.
- The biking trails, beaches, boat marinas and parks of Macomb County are just a short drive away.
- Within a 30 minute drive to Detroit are the amenities of four professional sports teams, Fox Theatre, Detroit Institute of Arts, and the bright lights of world class casinos and dining.
If you have any interest, skills or experience with inpatient physiatry jobs, you’re in luck. Interest in inpatient physiatry jobs has decreased over the years, making the need for skilled clinicians now more than ever. There is a great demand for qualified inpatient physiatrists, and Farr Healthcare can help you find the practice or facility of your dreams.