• Internists and hospitalists provide the patients’ primary care
  • The average compensation is $300,000
  • Close to Baltimore, Washington, DC, and VA

System Features:

  • 55-bed freestanding rehab hospital
  • Join a full-time staff of 7 physiatrists and 2 neuropsychologists
  • Robust consult and IM coverage
  • Part of a network of health care facilities to include 2 acute care hospitals ( one of which is White Oak Medical Center), an inpatient psychiatric hospital, outpatient PT centers and more
  • The first and only acute rehabilitation hospital in the county
  • It was the first acute rehabilitation facility in a five-state area to be accredited by CARF
  • Employs more than 6,000 people and treats well over 200,000 patients each year among its various entities and services
  • They offer comprehensive rehabilitation programs for traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, strokes, amputations, orthopedic injuries and surgeries, sports related injuries, work-related injuries, cardiopulmonary conditions and neurological disorders.
  • The feeder system is from the suburbs and nearby medical centers, etc.
  • The system cares for patients 18 years of age or older and, under special circumstances, emancipated minors

Responsibilities:

  • 2 positions available: One is approximately 70% inpatient and 30% outpatient AND the other position is approximately 70% inpatient, 20% outpatient and 10% inpatient consults
  • Approximately every 2 months, do a couple of weeks of inpatient work; this enables you to keep up your inpatient skills and to increase your wRVU’s for the incentive payment
  • Traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, strokes, amputations, orthopedic injuries and surgeries, sports related injuries, work-related injuries, cardiopulmonary conditions and neurological disorders

Call:

  • 1:4 weekends; round on patients Saturday and Sunday; admissions

Compensation:

  • The average compensation is a base of $235,000 + $15,000 quality incentive + $50,000 based on wRVU’s
  • The total compensation ranges from $275,000-$315,000 per year
  • Plus incentive based on wRVU
  • $20/wRVU after reaching 5,340 (the average last year was 7,325 and this year it is running 8,000)

Benefits:

  • 29 days Paid Time Off
  • Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, disability insurances
  • Flexible spending accounts
  • Retirement savings plan
  • Professional fees like license, DEA, journals, societies
  • $2,000 CME/year and travel AND MORE!

Reason for Opening:

  • Growth

Payor Mix:

  • Medicare, commercial, Blue Cross, Aetna, Medicaid/MCO, etc.

Candidate Qualifications:

  • BC/BE in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and ideally have at least 2 years’ experience

For 20+ years, Farr Healthcare has been in the matchmaking business between entities seeking physiatrists and PM&R physicians. From skilled nursing facility physiatry candidates to interventional physiatry jobs and everything in between, our unique experience in the field of physiatry gives us the skills we need to help you best utilize your own skills.