- Unique opportunity to join a progressive growing team
- The average compensation is $300,000
- Close to Baltimore, Washington, DC, and VA
- Join a full-time staff of 7 physiatrists and 2 neuropsychologists at this non-profit health system
- Robust consult and IM coverage
- Part of a network of health care facilities to include 2 acute care hospitals ( one of which is White Oak Medical Center), an inpatient psychiatric hospital, outpatient PT centers and more
- First and only acute rehabilitation hospital in Montgomery County, MD
- It was the first acute rehabilitation facility in a five-state area to be accredited by CARF
- Based in Gaithersburg, Maryland, the company employs more than 6,000 people and treats well over 200,000 patients each year among its various entities and services
- They offer comprehensive rehabilitation programsfor traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, strokes, amputations, orthopedic injuries and surgeries, sports related injuries, work-related injuries, cardiopulmonary conditions and neurological disorders.
- The feeder system is from the suburbs, Holy Cross Hospital and Shady Grove Medical Center, etc.
- The system cares for patients 18 years of age or older and, under special circumstances, emancipated minors
- 501(c) corporation
- 40% inpatient consults, 30% general outpatient, 30% sports medicine every day
- 6-12 consults/day
- 12 outpatients/day: mixed new and returns visits (roughly 50 visits/month)
- Approximately every 2 months, do a couple of weeks of inpatient work at White Oak Medical Center; this enables you to keep up your inpatient skills and to increase your wRVU’s for the incentive payment
- Traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, strokes, amputations, orthopedic injuries and surgeries, sports related injuries, work-related injuries, cardiopulmonary conditions and neurological disorders
- Part-time – can not guarantee hours
- 1:4 weekends; round on patients Saturday and Sunday; admissions
- The average compensation is a base of $235,000 + $15,000 quality incentive + $50,000 based on wRVU’s
- The total compensation ranges from $275,000-$315,000 per year
- Plus incentive based on wRVU
- $20/wRVU after reaching 5,340 (the average last year was 7,325 and this year it is running 8,000)
- 29 days Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, disability insurances
- Flexible spending accounts
- Retirement savings plan
- Professional fees like license, DEA, journals, societies
- $2,000 CME/year and travel AND MORE!
Reason for Opening:
- Medicare, commercial, Blue Cross, Aetna, Medicaid/MCO, etc.
- BC/BE in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and ideally have at least 2 years’ experience
If you have any interest, skills or experience with inpatient physiatry jobs, you’re in luck. Interest in inpatient physiatry jobs has decreased over the years, making the need for skilled clinicians now more than ever. There is a great demand for qualified inpatient physiatrists, and Farr Healthcare can help you find the practice or facility of your dreams.