THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
- Exciting practice opportunity to be the lead physician within a world-class multidisciplinary pain team (behavioral health, care coordinator, acupuncture, massage, physical reconditioning, and nutrition)
- Be part of the first Transdisciplinary Pain Program within an integrated health system in the nation
- Comprehensive, trauma-informed, team-delivered care where multiple disciplines provide care at one location based on a single treatment
- Conveniently situated within a short drive of major cities like Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
- The program goals are to increase function, decrease opioids, and decrease total cost of care in the most complex patients with chronic pain
- The hope would be to expand the model to the East and the West and to explore utilizing the model in the future for other diagnoses like DM, COPD, CHF etc.
- Build the program based on a financially sustainable and clinically effective model to treat chronic pain, relieve suffering and improve function, decrease high-cost, avoidable care and lower opioid utilization for patients
- As the lead physician within a multidisciplinary pain team (acupuncture, psychologist, massage therapist, nutritionist, RN, etc.), provide healthcare to complex care patients with chronic pain in a healing environment aimed at restoring physical and emotional functioning and improving overall quality of life
- In partnership with leadership, this position is at the forefront of transdisciplinary care for complex pain populations
- 80% clinical and 20% administrative
- Estimated at 350 patients at any given time (in different phases of the program)
- Initial patient visit will be 2 ½ hours long with the first ½ hour when the patient records their information while the team simultaneously reviews it, the next hour the patient will see the doctor and the next hour will be cognitive therapy, group yoga, etc. as indicated
- Limited program duration of 1 year for each patient
- Opportunities for teaching residents and research if interested
- Order and interpret lab work and diagnostic studies following established protocols
- Diagnose health conditions
- Participate with team members to develop treatment plans as part of patient’s overall care plan that addresses dysfunction and disease while minimizing risk of further injury
- Prescribe and dispense medication in accordance with State licensure and best practice protocols
- Order therapies and treatment referrals as needed to be provided by Interventional Pain or other providers outside of the Transdisciplinary Pain Program
- Perform injections consistent with training and privileges under established protocols
- Care for a medically complex and emotionally challenging patient population that requires compassion, empathy, and the ability to deescalate and appropriately react to challenging behavior in individual and group settings
- Employ evidence-based approaches to shared decision-making that respect the patient’s preferences and social norms while targeting optimal treatment outcomes. Incorporate Trauma-Informed care principles into patient care and program principles
- Through collaboration lead the transdisciplinary team to develop, execute, monitor, and adjust comprehensive and coordinated care plans that include shared goals with measurable outcomes including cost of care
- Maintain a harmonious and respectful working relationship with providers, support staff, managers and administrators which is central to Transdisciplinary “Team Based” Care
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new requirements and best practices, anticipating future health care priorities, enforcing adherence to medical regulations and policies, and advising leadership on needed actions
- Review all program performance reports to identify areas of improvement, using lean principles, in delivery systems and oversee regular audits of clinical records, compliance protocols, safety measures, and performance measures, including total cost of care for patient in a value-based model
- Identify, develop, and manage content for medical services including handouts, training videos, clinical practices, presentations, policies and procedures, power point presentations, etc.
- Work with IT services to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the Transdisciplinary Pain program E.H.R.
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, and training team members for the Transdisciplinary Team in collaboration with other program leaders and Human Resources
- Allocate 20% (0.2 FTE) of time to perform the role of the Site Director for the Transdisciplinary Pain Program which includes both internal strengthening and continuous improvement of the treatment team’s performance as well communication with leadership, and other physician leaders (ex. primary care, interventional pain) and payer partners to promote Transdisciplinary Care
- Participate in system planning efforts focused on providing safe, effective care for patient populations with chronic pain and other complexities, including co-morbidities such as mental health and substance abuse.
- Collaborate with leadership and Team members to establish and maintain consistent clinic schedules for self and other providers that avoid patient rescheduling or disruption to clinic operations and provider schedules
- Responsible for arranging clinical coverage for clinical services for the Transdisciplinary Program including decision making for emergency situations as needed per the established policy
- Assess and document patient health through interviews, examinations, observations, and review of medical histories and document Care in the Transdisciplinary Program EHR consistently
- Encourage patients to take control and responsibility of their health through self-management and use of community resources
- Engage patients and provide care in individual and group settings that focus on achieving each patient’s individualized care plan goals
- Work efficiently within a patient-centered, unit-based schedule to meet or exceed productivity and quality targets
- Competitive salary plus eligible for a merit increase on the administrative portion and eligible for a bonus based on clinical effectiveness score for the clinical portion
- Straight salary first year
- Subsequent yrs our physician comp models are based on the majority of the salary being guaranteed (no FTE grind for anyone) with a % of physician reimbursement based on incentive on top of that, based on:
- Patient experience scores (we anticipate them to be extremely high in this model – the doc will benefit from the positive pt experience contributors of the entire transdisciplinary team)
- Quality parameter (determined annually)
- Cost Effectiveness Score
- Full Relocation and Retirement Savings Plans $4,500 CME Allowance, Malpractice Coverage Including Tail and more
- Board Certified physiatrist with exceptional interpersonal and communications skills
- General computer skills including typing, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and medical record data review and entry and/or capability to become proficient to include the use of the Transdisciplinary Pain Program EHR system as well as the Epic system.
- Legally able to prescribe buprenorphine/naloxone for Medication Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder (DEA-X waiver or Notification of Intent confirmed)
- Current licensure or ability to license in the state of Pennsylvania
You’ll find plenty of outpatient physiatry practice opportunities when you search the Openings listed on the website of Farr Healthcare. Even though competition is greater in this field, we believe there’s a perfect match for every outpatient physiatrist candidate and employer. You won’t find a larger listing of practice opportunities anywhere for top-quality outpatient physiatry opportunities, especially one with so much information.