• Large referral network with 7 hospitals and many outpatient centers
• Collegial atmosphere at this exciting new practice opportunity
• Work with exceptional physiatrists
• Work with the Pediatrics and PM&R Departments
• The PM&R Department serves the rehabilitation needs of the 1.3 million people
• 29-county region of eastern North Carolina
• Located within Vidant Rehabilitation Center at Vidant Medical Center, with Spinal Cord, Brain Injury, General Rehab, and Pediatric Rehabilitation Units.
• The Center’s 57-bed inpatient unit is one of few rehabilitation facilities in the U.S. accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in eleven or more specialty areas.
• The Center is also one of the five centers of excellence at Vidant. Vidant Medical Center
• A JCAHO-accredited Level I Trauma center with 900+ beds
• One of seven hospitals owned by Vidant Health.
• The Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center (formerly Pitt County Memorial Hospital).
• Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
• 5-6 inpatients/day plus outpatient clinics and consults and whatever else you choose to do
• Supervise PM&R residents and peds rehab fellows
• Join an 11-provider PM&R Faculty
• EPIC System-wide integrated EMR
• Fixed Term position available at the title/rank of assistant professor or higher.
Call: 1:7 weeks call to include adult call, 2 residents help with call
Benefits: Health, malpractice, retirement with 6% match, 529 Plan, 403B plan, disability, life, tuition assistance and more
Compensation: $160,000 -$170,000 salary plus RVU plus incentive; the incentive is distributed every 6 months and the vast majority of physiatrists receive it
Qualifications: Board Certified or Qualified physiatrist who has completed a peds fellowship and has excellent communications and interpersonal skills