- Grow with this prestigious, dynamic program
- Academic or clinical track
Cherry blossom at Wooster Square in New Haven
1,541-bed private, nonprofit teaching hospital that ranks among the medical centers in the nation. Regularly included among the Best Hospitals in the U.S. in the annual U.S. News & World Report rankings of specialty services. With two main campuses, it is the largest acute care provider in southern Connecticut and one of the Northeast’s major referral centers. It has a combined medical staff of about 4,500 university and community physicians practicing in more than 100 specialties.
- In the rehab unit, the patients are admitted by the hospitalist physician and the physiatrist serves as a consultant. Therefore, the hospitalist does the admission and discharge paperwork and admit/discharge orders. The hospitalist admits the patients. The physiatrist must complete a physiatry consult note within 24 hours of the time of admission. The physiatrist runs the team meetings and runs the rehab aspects of the patient’s care and coordinates the medical issues with the hospitalist who is the physician of record. The physiatrists are the ones who are involved in the prescreening process to decide which patients are coming to the rehab unit. The physiatrists determine the length of stay. They are looking to have 2 physiatrists on the unit with 24 patients.
- Some of the perks for the inpatient work is that there is no on call, no weekends, no evenings, and no holidays since the patients are admitted under the Hospitalist service. The physiatrists work Monday through Friday. We do not admit patients on Saturdays. If a patient is admitted on Sunday, the physiatrist does the Physiatry consult note on Monday. The Hospitalists cover for the medical problems 24/7/365.
- The outpatient centers are full-service with PT, OT, rheumatology, radiology, lab, pharmacy, etc.
Reason for opening:
- 2 year contract term
- Can have a faculty position
Salary plus RVU-based incentive. Base salary for a new graduate is about $175,000. With the incentive, the total compensation is potentially significant for the go-getter. Over x WRVU level, the incentive is $x per RVU. Doctors usually see upwards of $20,000 additional income from the incentive. A doctor with a few years’ experience would make in the low $200,000’s plus a productivity bonus which is approximately another $35,000