- Grow with this prestigious, dynamic program
- The inpatient has NO CALL, no weekends, no evenings, and no work on holidays
- Academic or clinical track
Cherry blossom at Wooster Square in New Haven
This is a 1,541-bed private, nonprofit teaching hospital that ranks among the medical centers in the nation. It is regularly included among the Best Hospitals in the U.S. in the annual U.S. News & World Report rankings of specialty services. With two main campuses, this is the largest acute care provider in southern Connecticut and one of the Northeast’s major referral centers. It has a combined medical staff of about 4,500 university and community physicians practicing in more than 100 specialties.
- A mix of inpatient and outpatient
- INPATIENT – The inpatient work covers a variety of acute rehab diagnoses to include stroke at a 24-bed rehab unit in Milford, CT
- In the rehab unit, the patients are admitted by the hospitalist physician and the physiatrist serves as a consultant. Therefore, the hospitalist does the admission and discharge paperwork and admit/discharge orders. The hospitalist admits the patients. The physiatrist must complete a physiatry consult note within 24 hours of the time of admission. The physiatrist runs the team meetings and runs the rehab aspects of the patient’s care and coordinates the medical issues with the hospitalist who is the physician of record. The physiatrists are the ones who are involved in the prescreening process to decide which patients are coming to the rehab unit. The physiatrists determine the length of stay. They are looking to have 2 physiatrists on the unit with 24 patients.
- Some of the perks for the inpatient work is that there is no on call, no weekends, no evenings, and no holidays since the patients are admitted under the Hospitalist service. The physiatrists work Monday through Friday. We do not admit patients on Saturdays. If a patient is admitted on Sunday, the physiatrist does the Physiatry consult note on Monday. The Hospitalists cover for the medical problems 24/7/365.
- OUTPATIENT – services include injections, pain management, some medication management, follow-up from inpatient, etc.
- The outpatient centers are full-service with PT, OT, rheumatology, radiology, lab, pharmacy, etc.
- Employee of Yale University
- 2 year contract term
- Can have a faculty position at the Yale University School of Medicine
Salary plus RVU-based incentive.
Board Certified/Qualified physiatrist with excellent interpersonal and communications skills