- There is an internist on every patient
- Employee affiliation
- 1:4 call
Houston, Texas, USA downtown city park and skyline.
Willowbrook/Champions Forest/Cypress area
- The physiatrist does co-management as there is ainternistn on every patient
- Responsible for all aspects of the rehabilitation program of patients admitted to the facility. This facility has an existing patient census requiring full-time physiatry coverage.
- Coordinate care pertinent to medical rehabilitation with primary care and other specialties.
- Provide care for all aspects of rehabilitation after admission.
- Assess and manage barriers to medical rehabilitation for best measurable outcomes, with appropriate resource utilization, for safe discharge into the community.
- Lead the interdisciplinary team with team meetings on a weekly basis. Family meetings are held at initial admission, discharge and during the course of stay as needed.
- Work at a skilled nursing facility (SNF) to take care of short-stay patients in need of rehabilitation, and enhance the quality of the SNF’s rehabilitation program. The attending physician, not the physiatrist, in the SNF takes care of the primary medical needs.
- No outpatient responsibilities unless desired.
Employee. This company’s goals are to represent physiatrists nationwide who affiliate with them to promote physiatry among payors, SNF’s, etc. This national company will support physiatrists as CMS chips away at your reimbursement. It will develop outcomes status, information technology, compliance programs so that you will be well-paid. The national company hopes to show payors their better outcomes and substantiate higher reimbursements. They are looking for long-term relations with physiatrists.
Weekend call is 1:4 and includes physiatry call at another hospital.
Salary plus incentive
Must be Board Certified or planning to take Boards