The position can be an academic or clinical track.
1) Cover assigned 10 inpatients on average
2). Admit an average of 1-3 patients per day.
3) On-call responsibilities one week day per week and one full weekend per month (weekend coverage defined as from Friday at 5:00 p.m. until Monday at 8:30 a.m.), with sharing of holiday coverage with the rest of the faculty (see #5 below). The faculty takes calls from home rarely do they ever need to come in.
5) Two half days per week of outpatient clinics carrying a 6-10 patient load per clinic. New patient referrals will be included in this and all new patient referrals will be taken in a rotating basis through the appointment center with the other faculty so the new patient load is equally shared.
6) In addition to the above outpatients, management of 1-3 Baclofen pump patients per week.
7) Running the Prosthetic clinic four to six times per year in addition to above outpatient activities.
8) Running a monthly Spinal Cord Injury outpatient clinic.
9) Follow-up appointments, Botox, IRB and soft tissue injections
10) Teaching of the residents, medical students, and physician extenders at the bedside, in the clinics, and participation in all didactic courses, journal clubs, and seminars as determined by the Department Chair.
11) Participation in Quality Assurance and other service requirements of the Department as determined by the Department Chair.
12) Scholarly activities are encouraged by way of presenting research articles at the national meetings, publications of research and grant applications.
Facility: 20 bed unit
Affiliation: Hospital-based position
1) 22 days vacation, health care benefits
2) Dependent tuition benefit after specified time of service
3) And much more
1) Board Certified/Qualified physiatrist with excellent interpersonal and communications skills