• Brand new, state-of-the-art specialty hospital on the main clinic campus
• Compensation of $265,000 or more; Sign-on bonus of $40,000
• Associates are friendly, professional physiatrists
• Hospitalists provide the primary care, patients admitted under a physiatrist
• The new unit is like a hotel in a building with EMG, lab, x-ray; 10 minutes from the hospital
• More than 200 physicians representing 44 specialties located in 10 communities serving a population of 225,000 in northeastern North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota. Practice in Grand Forks, ND, a community of 65,000 located on the North Dakota/Minnesota border.
• Join a well-established practice with 2 other physiatrists and a supportive staff
• 23-bed inpatient unit with an ADC of 16 affiliated with a 265-bed acute care hospital
• The University of North Dakota School (UND) of Medicine and Health Sciences is located in Grand Forks and offers opportunities to teach medical students and residents on rotation with additional teaching exposure opportunities on campus.
• Family Medicine Residency program and UND has a Surgical Residency program.
• Partnership with Mayo for consults and research
Responsibilities: Inpatient and outpatient, variety of diagnoses for both with outpatient to include musculoskeletal, injections and pain, see 16 outpatients/day
Call: 1:3 – primarily telephone call on evenings and weekends supported by Internal Medicine Hospitalists.
Compensation: First Year Salary Guarantee – Greater of $265,000 or your work RVU, the doctors there are making more than $265,000; reviewed annually with specialty specific industry data; productivity basis after the first year
Benefits: Medical and Dental Coverage, Pension and Profit Sharing, Additional Retirement plans, Malpractice, Disability, Life Insurance, CME, Relocation
Qualifications: Board Certified/Qualified physiatrist with excellent interpersonal and communications skills, will consider H1 visa holders
Features: The closest rehab is 70 miles away, An excellent school system, safe neighborhoods, low crime rate, affordable housing and an abundance of cultural and recreational activities to include golf in the summer and tennis in the winter
Location: A short drive to the natural beauty of clean Minnesota Lakes or the diversity of nearby metropolitan areas is easy access from Grand Forks, North Dakota.
The Red River of the North separates Grand Forks from neighboring East Grand Forks in Minnesota.
Education: The University of North Dakota (UND) (www.und.edu) is located in Grand Forks. The University is one of only 47 public universities in the country with both a medical school and an accredited law school. In addition, UND is home to one of the top aerospace programs in the world.
Sports: UND competes in Division I intercollegiate sports and is the home to the 11,700-seat Ralph Engelstad Arena which is considered the finest college hockey arena in the country. Attached is the Betty Engelstad Sioux center which is home to both men’s and women’s basketball, volleyball and soccer.
Culture: UND is an ideal venue for catered events and concerts and shows