Welcome to Greenville road sign illustration with distressed ominous background
- Large referral network with 7 hospitals and many outpatient centers
- Collegial atmosphere at this exciting new practice opportunity
- Work with exceptional physiatrists
- Inpatient/outpatient work
- Participate in didactics with residents, rotating medical students, and occasional research students.
- See 25-30 patients/day
- Join an 11-provider PM&R Faculty, 5 hospital based Neurosurgeons
- Large referral network including 7 regional Vidant Health hospitals and numerous outpatient practices
- EPIC System-wide integrated EMR
- The PM&R Department serves the rehabilitation needs of the 1.3 million people in a 29-county region of eastern North Carolina and is located within Vidant Rehabilitation Center at Vidant Medical Center, with Spinal Cord, Brain Injury, General Rehab, and Pediatric Rehabilitation Units.
- The Center’s 57-bed inpatient unit is one of few rehabilitation facilities in the U.S. accredited by the Committee on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in eleven or more specialty areas.
- The Center is also one of the five centers of excellence at Vidant. Vidant Medical Center is a JCAHO-accredited Level I Trauma center with 900+ beds and is one of seven hospitals owned by Vidant Health.
- The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center (formerly Pitt County Memorial Hospital). Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Fixed Term position available at the title/rank of assistant professor or higher.
- Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Relocation Assistance, Vacation, CME Days & Reimbursement, Malpractice (with tail), 401K, Insurance, State Benefits, Disability
- Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. over 90,220) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.